Saturday, August 20, 2011

Sister Act

I saw Sister Act the musical brought to you by Ms. Whoopi Goldberg herself and it did not disappoint.  Although, on a side note, I must add that it was freaking freezing in that theatre.  I realize it's Summer and all but I felt as if I should have brought my Winter coat along with me.   But I digress.  When I was little I loved the movie Sister Act I would walk around singing those songs like I was just at Sunday school...even though I don't think I've been to Sunday school a day in my life.


 Nothing you could do 'cause I'm stuck like glue to my god 






Patina Miller was perfectly cast as the lead, Deloris Van Cartier.  The humor of the script and Ms. Miller seemed to agree. She embodied the character and was quite hilarious with her over exaggerated movements. But don't get me wrong, she certainly wasn't over the top.  And let me say in the last number I have never seen such a sparkling set in my life.  I won't give anything away but just imagine a giant disco ball-esque Mary Magdalene. 
On my way home I was singing the songs just like I did when I was little. All in all a great performance.


No comments: