Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Oopse-a-daisy

I have always found it highly amusing when people injure themselves. I admit it, I'm a jerk. But seriously its funny, and I don't want anyone to get badly hurt by any means, but a good old fashion trip always gives me a good laugh. I think I inherited this bad sense of humor gene from my mother, I remember falling off my bike into a pile of skinned knees and tears and she laughed. And I should note that laughed was an understatement. So now I find myself suppressing giggles when I see someone trip on sidewalks or slide down stairs. My personal favorite humorous accidents however happen to take place under the lights and scrutiny of the catwalk. Seeing emaciated, gangley models teter and topple on stilettos that cause them to tower as high as trees just warms my heart.



Don't get me wrong, I give these ladies credit. Not only do their falls look painful but they also look absolutely mortifying! Heres a picture of Monika Jagaciak's fall this year at the Herve Leger show:


Let me tell you, that girl ate shit and she did it gracefully. Her ankles folded and she went down with out even flashing her panties, only to get up with a stunning smile on her face. Talk about professionalism. Poor girl probably had every curse word in the dictionary running through her head. The Polish dictionary and the American Standard.




Hey, beautiful people fall too. And they prove that it really is impossible to walk in those goddamn shoes.

No comments: