Saturday, March 21, 2009

Pack Rat

I've spent most of today sorting my belongings that I have stored in boxes into four categories:
Category 1. Donate to Goodwill
Category 2. Throw Away
Category 3. Ship to New York
Category 4. Storage at Dad's House.

I feel today's work has been successful. My category 1 is much larger than I expected, my category 4 is just the right size, and my category 3 is not nearly as large as I had originally thought. So far so good. I made a few interesting finds today as well, its funny how you forget about some belongings that you don't display in your daily life. These are a few of my personal favorites:


I've probably had this Ginger Spice Doll since I was in eight grade.  Yes I know, I was far too old to be playing with dolls but in my defense this box was never opened.  It was strictly part of my Geri Halliwell display.  And my boyfriend at the time bought it for me.  Please note the K-Mart price tag in the upper right hand corner that reads $12.99, this item is priceless now.  
I found this sign about four years ago when I lived with this very sweet, ultra religious girl named Jenn.  I didn't know Jenn when we moved in together and after a year of living with her I must say that I didn't get to know her very well either.  When she moved out she left some stuff in the closet which she told me I could have if I wanted, so one day I went through her old belongings and I found this street sign.  So much for being paranoid about smoking weed in my room.  



This is a favorite of mine. I actually acquired this from a bum on First Ave outside the Contour about five years ago. My sister and I went to happy hour where we got super wasted, when we stumbled out onto the streets after we decided it was finally time to go home I saw the bum holding this charming Looney Tunes character and asking for change. I told him I would trade him the shot of tequila, which I was holding on the street for some reason, for the figurine and he was more than happy to do. This is in Category 3 for sure.

1 comment:

Ian said...

I don't think you would be the same person if you had to let those things go, Kelli. They are a part of you-forever.