Sunday, November 20, 2011

Top Pot


The best doughnut ever.  

Top Pot in Seattle, Wa.  

My personal favorite? The raspberry ring of course. 



There is no other giant, fluffier fried deliciousness in all the world.  

I make a point to visit every time I'm in Seattle.  Brings me back to the good ol' days when I worked two blocks away.   That is one thing I miss about Seattle, the delicious food! In New York we have some damn good food, don't get me wrong, but Seattle is on another level in my opinion.  And the thing about Seattle people is that they like to be perfectionists and be pretentious about everything.  I believe this is why they bang out some amazing cuisine.  
On my last trip to Seattle  I visited Spur Gastropub in Belltown.  The reviews this establishment receives on Yelp vary.  This has to do mostly with the Seattlite's tendency to pick apart every god damn thing.   
Now I will pick it apart: The food was fucking awesome.  Enough said.  The plating was beautiful and the flavors were out of this world.  I was feeling like a fatty so I had three courses.  First being the pear salad with a danish blue cheese that was very creamy and subtle.  I'm picky when it comes to blue cheese, it isn't my favorite of the cheeses, but this one complemented the pear perfectly and was not a bit  overpowering.  My entree was the grass fed beef burger which was very uniquely seasoned and is now on my list of favorite burgers.  At this point I was very impressed with the food  but the desert blew my mind.  It was not only beautiful but it was so good I almost cried.  I wish I remembered exactly what was in it, but alas I do not, but in a nut shell it was a lavender, chipotle creme brulee.  It was so amazing I can not express with words how good it was.  
The downfall of Spur was the service, while not horrible, was not the best.  The server could have been a bit more attentive.  I also wasn't impressed with the cocktail list and the cocktail I did have wasn't anything to write home about.   But even those two things don't sway my opinion that Spur isn't a great place because the food overshadowed those slight down falls.  
Seattle, I'll see you again soon.  And I will eat as much as I possibly can.  

No comments: